- The privacy of my website visitors is very important to me, and I am committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what I will do with your personal information.
B. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with my website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on my website (a functionality that I might build in in the future) —for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational details, and employment details;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to my emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on my website;
- information that is generated while using my website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through my website (a functionality that I might build in in the future), which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information that you post to my website with the intention of publishing it on the internet, which includes your username, profile pictures, and the content of your posts;
- information contained in any communications that you send to me by email or through my website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to me.
Before you disclose to me the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
C. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to me through my website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. I may use your personal information for the following:
- administering my website and business;
- personalizing my website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on my website;
- sending you goods purchased through my website;
- supplying services purchased through my website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you my email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to my business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which I think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform me at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about my users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to my website;
- keeping my website secure and prevent fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of my website (including monitoring private messages sent through my website private messaging service); and
- other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on my website, I will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to me.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on my website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
I will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
D. Disclosing personal information
I may disclose your personal information to any of my employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information to any member of my group of companies (this means my subsidiaries, my ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
I may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that I am (or am contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who I reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in my reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, I will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E. International data transfers
- Information that I collect may be stored, processed in, and transferred between any of the countries in which I operate in order to enable me to use the information in accordance with this policy.
- Information that I collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China, and India.
- Personal information that you publish on my website or submit for publication on my website may be available, via the internet, around the world. I cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to the transfers of personal information described in this Section E.
F. Retaining personal information
- This Section F sets out my data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that I comply with my legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that I process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to article F-2, I will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
- personal data type will be deleted the 1st of January of every single year at 10 am UTC.
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section F, I will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that I am required to do so by law;
- if I believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend my legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
G. Security of your personal information
- I will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- I will store all the personal information you provide on my secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered into through my website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and I cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing my website confidential; I will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to my website).
I may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on my website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. I may notify you of changes to this policy by email.
I. Your rights
You may instruct me to provide you with any personal information I hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose, I will usually accept a photocopy of your passport, ID card, or driving license plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
I may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct me at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to my use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or I will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
J. Third party websites
My website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites. I have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
K. Updating information
Please let me know if the personal information that I hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10) you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox (version 24) you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on my website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Internet Explorer (version 10), you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at https://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 );
- in Firefox (version 24), you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome (version 29), you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and control” menu, and clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
M. Contact details
Email: [email protected]
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal and modified by HYdigitaldeveloper.
The Cookie declaration is written with the help of Cookiebot.